Monday, December 13, 2010

Well then...

We begin!  I am contributing to the width and the depth of the Internet.  I already feel like I am doing my part.  I am certain I will sleep the sleep of babies tonight.

I am not a blogger yet I am blogging.  In much the same way as I am not a writer yet I am writing.  I can't imagine my blog actually being followed or someone anxiously awaiting a new post, trembling with anticipation like a tween in skinny jeans at a vampire movie but sometimes I do feel like I have something to say and I rarely find myself in a forum that's appropriate.  Even more rarely do I find myself in an environment where it would be appreciated or tolerated. 

As I am not sure of the true anonymity of these gems I will do my best to bridle my tongue in some of the more fragile and delicate topics that have absolutely no place in our current form of society even if they seem painfully true, relevant and obvious.

I suppose a proper start would be to introduce myself.  I am a son, a brother, a husband to an amazing woman, a father to amazing kids and a leader to a group of men who have voluntarily put themselves in that position.  I am over 30 years old, my occupation is not that important or intriguing.  I am not a formally educated man in the sense of college or university but I did stumble upon a treasure trove of secrets most men my age have yet to discover called books.  Books have given me the permission to think for myself and to begin to see some things I am not sure I would have ever noticed or realized about life, about others and about myself.  I believe in the potential of man, I believe in God (probably not in the same way you do), I believe in freedom and I believe in love.  I have strong feelings about life and the passing by and wasting away of the greatness and strength we were meant to possess.  I will try to keep my postings along those lines.

We will see where this ride takes us.  If you are reading this maybe I'll provide a perspective or something valuable for your life.  At the same time, it is equally as possible that I am a rambling mad man and madness is contagious.  Either way it should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment