Tuesday, December 14, 2010

John Doe.

So much for anonymity, it lasted 24 hours, are you impressed?  I thought about it overnight and decided that if I am going to blog, I will only narrate my thoughts I entirely believe in.  It occured to me that while hiding behind a screen name or a guise of some sort might be more convenient, is it also weakness and part of the problem.

I want to be 100% truthful, in all things, not for the sake of being cruel or rude but to allow the people I respect, love and trust to know the truth I need them to know. 

In the past, I have lied.  I lied to save face, I lied to protect feelings, I lied in order to avoid uncomfortable scenarios, I lied to avoid trouble.  Lying has saved me embarrasment and discomfort, but only initially.  In every instance I can think of, the truth would have been the better option.  Many times it would have only been better in the long run, but still, the better option overall.

Honesty must be utilized properly and not allowed to be a camoflauge for malice, attack or manipulation.  If a rising tide raises all ships then one person's honesty should increase the honesty around us.  We must then accept the honesty of others without assuming that their honesty conceals some ulterior or malicious intent.  If we can do this, we are open to recieve others ideas and points of view to ponder, consider, mull over and decide to either accept it or to intelligently debate it.  Either way our lives will be enriched and we will grow more wise.

It will be a process, it will take time, it will not be easy and it will hurt.  God gives wisdom liberally to all who ask and I have to believe that the pain of the process will be worth the enrichment of our lives.

Wisdom is power and knowing the truth will set us free.  

No comments:

Post a Comment